Monday 14 March 2022

Algarve, Day 13 - rain and food

 Rain was forecast today (and tomorrow) and that is what we woke too. Aimee still went and swam at 7am but I didn't see much point in getting up early and went back to sleep.

Hungry when she got back, Aimee pulled out her breakfast onto the kitchen counter, grabbed my camera and took a photo. Then she reconsidered, wondered if people would think she was going to drink the wine and eat the potato chips as part of her breakfast.


So she moved it on to the table and took another picture. From left to right; the book she's reading, her first coffee of the day (there will be more), Portuguese custard tarts, a large cinnamon roll (not too sweet and the dough has a flavour we can't quite identify but its good) and the Maleta coffee funnel over the teapot (there was no coffee pot of any kind here so I am very thankful I thought to bring the Meleta).

It has rained all day.

I went for a short walk to book massages for us tomorrow

The front desk called up to tell us that our transfer will pick us up at 6am on Wednesday (Oh joy)

Aimee went out and picked up Thai for lunch

Shrimp, lemongrass and ginger soup. I also had Endemame. Aimee had Coconut and mushroom soup and Pad Thai.

Basically went spent the rest of the day reading.

Rick sent me a photo of Rasta. Must of known I was missing him.


No comments:

Post a Comment