Sunday 6 March 2022

Algarve - Day 4, beach and massage

 We woke to a beautiful morning. When I got up Aimee had already been for a swim. The indoor pool has to be booked. One hour for each room, so she had the pool to herself. Coffee and breakfast and we headed out as it was supposed to rain later.

Every now and then, squished in between the apartment buildings and hotels, there is evidence of a Portuguese family abode.


We must have walked past this sculpture 5 or 6 times, and never noticed it before. I left Aimee sitting here with a book

while I walked down to the fishing end of the beach and settled on the boat ramp to paint.

Bit off more than I can chew and will have to scale back my subject matter, but it was lovely to sit in the sun, with my paints and try.

As it was Saturday there were more people on the beach, at the blue fishing huts and generally milling around. Someone was surf fishing. I never saw them tend the rod but maybe they were hoping for something fresh to grill for lunch.

Walked past this a few times too, without stopping to read it (not like me). Turns out that Olhos de Agua means "Eyes of Water" and it is because fresh water springs bubble up through the sand here and look like eyes.

We walked up from the beach a different way. It was hot and Aimee felt like a beer. That turned into a couple and we ordered lunch.

Bread, butter and sardine pate

followed by fish cakes, calamari and patatas bravas (the roast potatoes had not arrived yet when I took this picture). It was all a bit too deep fried for us and we wont eat there again.

We were, however, entertained by the cafe parrot;

Blue.

We made it up the hill just in time for my 2pm massage. We had booked one each, yesterday, when we noticed the sign advertising a 1 hour massage for E35 ($48.80 Canadian). It was divine and we spent the rest of the afternoon, listening to the pouring rain and reading on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment