Wednesday 19 February 2014

Palm Springs - Goodbye Anita

Anita flew home today and we had to make the most of her remaining morning. After I did some yoga on the patio and Eve walked Bentley, we had breakfast at a large deli called Shermans. The servings were huge and Anita ended up taking half her sandwich on the plane with her. Sorry, no picture of my meal because I didn't think a chicken liver omelette would be that photogenic. On the way to the airport we had to do some more last minute shopping and then were able to drop Anita right at the door.
From there it was up the valley to a huge outlet mall for Eve to return something and just a little more shopping. It was very windy up in the San Gorgonio pass. This is where the cool, damp air from the coast rises up, through the pass, to the hot dry air of the desert. This often results in big winds. According to Wiki this is one of the windiest places in California. Currently there is a high wind warning, more than 50 miles an hour. The pass is therefore a perfect location for windmills and there are thousands of them ( more than 3 thousand), of all shapes and sizes.

From Hwy 10, that goes through the pass and down to Los Angeles.
Row on row
We decided we really didn't need to shop any more and went and had a manicure and pedicure. So relaxing. I love the massage component of this service as much as I love the painted nails. So now my toe nails match my wine. How colour co-ordinated can I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment