Monday 24 February 2014

Palm Springs - Lazy Day

I just have one more day before I have to come home so decided to dedicate today to relaxing in the sun. I did go to an hour and a half yoga class this morning but then came home and lazed. I planned on doing a little watercolour painting (something I am trying to get comfortable with). I did sketch a little but could not motivate myself to paint so my watercolours will make the trip back again, unused.
As todays schedule did not lend itself to picture taking I will just post some random shots from previous days.
Taken yesterday from the McCallum Pond towards the Chocolate Mountains.
I can't stop taking pictures of the mountains. I wish the camera did a better job of capturing the
colours. They are browns (from beige through to a rich cocoa), greens (from moss to a yellow)
 and mauves. That's in full afternoon sunlight, they of course change when its a hazy day and
at sunrise and sunset.
This is a kind of yucca.
This little hummingbird likes to hang out on the cactus in the front yard. He's there when we drive
in the driveway or open the front door. He's there so much there is a worn area on the cactus. I
think he is a young male ruby throated. He's our "greeter"

No comments:

Post a Comment