Thursday 30 July 2015

Honey Harbour sunsets

A week at Aimee and Greg's cottage starts with a 6 hour drive with stops at Tims and Costco.
A phone call brings Aimee bombing to the dock on shore to pick me (and my stuff) up.
I arrive in hot, still, weather and we spend a lot of time in the water and sympathizing with Greg who is building a gazebo. They have been through 3 canvas gazebos and have decided a real one would be less trouble in the long run.
Nearly done and it will be so much better than the canvas ones.
I have been lucky to be coming up to this cottage for years and one of the high points is watching the Osprey's feed their young and teach them to fly. Two years ago there was a huge storm while George and I were visiting. It blew away the Osprey nest and the young birds. Last year we watched one small, weak, baby being fed and we wondered whether it would survive the trip south.
This year: An early tragedy. A storm in June blew away the nest and eggs. Occasionally
the Ospreys come back and fly around the nest but that is happening less and less frequently.
Aimee and I try to get out to the dock for sunset (sometimes with a glass of wine)
The sky cooperated on my first evening.

Also the second evening.
This is not photoshopped. The colours were intense with gold lining.
And on the other side of the island the moon was coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment