Thursday 2 July 2015

Lake Erie Interclub - Committee Boat Day 3

I am a Sunset person, not a Sunrise person. George always woke early and would tell me (later) that I had missed a lovely sunrise. No. I didn't miss a lovely sleep. One of the things I hate and ( secretly) love, about the Interclub, is the sunrises I see. I was up at 5:45 to leave the dock at 6:30 to start the first fleet at 7:30.
Chuck was again zipping around, setting the course, giving us instruction. Wonder
if he gets sick of sunrises too.
Bill and Alistair with the course letters ready to be hung on the back of the boat.
We had the routine down pat now and everything went like clockwork.
Polar Express starting out on the race to Port Colborne
They started off in grey but dry weather. The wind was up and down through the day.
We heard via e-mail that Caliedascope won their fleet that day.
We celebrated the end of our Committee Boat duties with breakfast at the Port Dover Dairy Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment