Sunday 2 April 2017

Early Spring at Long Point

I got home last Monday and although I haven't been walking like I did in Mallorca, I have tried to get our and walk whenever it's not bucketing down with rain.
So lovely to be walking on the beach again.
At this time of year there is a lot of wood debris, on the beach and in the water. Later it gets picked up for campfire wood.
There are duck rafts out on the lake every morning and the bay is full of ducks.
They are too far out to get a good picture.
The winter has not been kind to the cottagers at the west end of Woodstock Ave
the lake is scarily close to the cottages.
My daffodils are beginning to poke up through the sand and old leaves.
Robins and red winged blackbirds are around, sure signs of spring.
And here's another one.
Rasta had to help with Nicola's quilting project, playing between the backing and the batting, until she started pinning. (He then took one of the safety pins out with his teeth!)
"Scratch my belly and I might forgive you for yelling at me"

No comments:

Post a Comment