Monday 26 June 2017

Two very different days for sailing

I haven't been on the Committee Boat this year as I have had the opportunity to race on both Mondays and Wednesdays through the month of June. Therefore there have been no sailing pictures, but last Wednesday the forecast was for light wind and I thought I might have the opportunity so took my camera.
I was too busy during the race to take any pictures, but after we were finished I took a few shots of the JAM (Jib and Main) Fleet finishing.

Our motley crew, having finished the race about to indulge in a beer before bringing down sails and packing the boat up.
PHRF or handicap racing means the fleet is made up of boats of all shapes and sizes.
Messenger coming in with a setting sun.

Rogue Tiger was also out. She takes people out for evening cruises from the Port Dover pier.



Looks like we are heading for the Port Dover Harbour but actually we turn right and go into the Harbour Marina, so we don't get to go between those 2 lighthouses.
Driving back from the Junction Summer Solstice, on Sunday, I dropped in to Port Dover to see if the Erie Interclub, Round the Bay Race was ending. On the way from Toronto I had gone through 2 storms, including high wind and hail so I didn't envy those out on the lake.
This is what I saw from the top of the Harbour Marina hill.
I'm sorry but that just doesn't look like fun to me.
Neither does that
Everyone looked glad to be out of that rough water (which takes its toll on the body) and into the calm harbour.
Everyone on Dreamer had their foul weather gear on.
Next stop will be the Port Dover Yacht Club, a few drinks, a perch dinner, presentation of flags to the top 3 finishers in the first 2 races  and the exchange of war stories. I saw a ripped head sail and an incompletely furled headsail just in the half hour I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment