Sunday 8 February 2015

Ceret - Sunday in the sun

Today was a day of beautiful clear blue skies and a sun that provided some warmth. My walk yesterday had provided some lovely views of everything except Canigou so I made my way back up into the hills to get some mountain photos. I had vowed to take it easy on my legs today so only went as far as I had to.
I climbed up until I came out of the path onto a road next to the hotel,
La Terrasse au Soleil and got the view I was looking for.

I decided to take the road back into town and there were more views along the way.

Walking through town it was very quiet. Little traffic and the wonderful smells in the air suggested that most people were partaking of a big Sunday lunch. Restaurants were also quite busy. The sun was warm when you were out of the wind, a fact noticed by other residents of the town:





This kitten looks like he's just hanging on the blind but he's actually sitting on a pile of books.

Mum and I saw the kitten in the blinds when we walked to the stadium to see a rugby game that we'd seen posters for. What the posters didn't say was that entrance was 10 Euro a piece which was more than we wanted to pay as we didn't anticipate being there for long. We walked up behind the stadium to where we stayed last time.
We got a long distance view of the game,
and another view of Canagou, before we decided the animals had the right idea and we should
just hang out in the sun....
with a glass of wine at Le Pablo Café. I'm not sure if you can read the bill but 2 glasses of wine
was 3 Euro (about $4.50), cheaper than coffee.

1 comment:

  1. I love when there are animals in your posts! (But no matter how clean the bird, how pretty the stone wall it is standing against, or how sunny the day -- that is still a pigeon.)

    ReplyDelete