Monday 28 March 2016

Spain 2016 - in countdown.

However much I don't want to do it, as a holiday winds down I find myself preparing to leave. Recognizing that I am doing things or seeing places for the last time.
We went into Ayamonte, to the market, and then just walked around as Dad recognized, from yesterday's foray, that there were streets he hadn't seen.
I went to the church to see if the Pasos were still there but it was all closed up. This is the side door that the Pasos come out of and the courtyard area that the procession starts from.
I noticed that one of the tile benches, in Plaza Laguna, had a painting of the Easter Sunday procession.
Most of the stores and bars had already replaced their Semana Santa displays. Retail was suddenly showing spring and summer clothing.
Lovely Flamenco style dresses in a high end womens store.
Quite different from the ones at the tourist shop.

I wrote a blog post last year about the garbage and recycling system in France. I thought I had better do one for Spain.
These are on the main street right behind our building; paper products, tin and plastic, compostables. I guess it is assumed that you will have no other garbage.
The receptacles for glass all have funny faces on them. Not sure the philosophy behind that.
We separate and collect our waste in plastic bags in the pantry area and take them out to the street containers every couple of days.
After lunch I went for a walk along the beach side pathway, probably about 9 km, getting into the mood for the amount of walking I will probably be doing in Seville and Madrid. It was a lovely warm day, slight breeze off the Atlantic bringing sea smelling air, few people about. I walked then stopped for a wine, did a little people watching and walked back.
Soaking up the sun and the sea.
Another tree come into bloom.
And another shrub.
Tomorrow is a day for packing and cleaning, not sure if there will be a post.

No comments:

Post a Comment