Tuesday 29 March 2016

Spain 2016 - soaking up the sun

This morning I took a walk along the jetty. I realized I hadn't done this since the first week I was here. It was a beautiful warm day with just a slight breeze off the Atlantic and not a cloud in the sky. I wont have this for another 2 months at home.
From the Isla Canela jetty towards Isla Christina
There were lots of fisherman out today; on the jetty and barrelling in with their ocean catch.
Jellyfish wafting by.
What he caught looked like a cuttlefish but the air was pretty blue (something about "Maria") because it had broken his line.
The guys were all out here and gradually the women and kids and coolers were coming out too, to make a day of it.
Back for lunch and then I went and rented a bike for the afternoon and biked the length of the beach to Paradise Beach. Had a glass of wine and met a bunch of people from Wales, on holiday. Lovely quote: "I've been to Southern Ontario, I was in Deep River once"
My Hibiscus wont be flowering like this, outside, for another 3 months, maybe 4.
I biked out to the torre but couldn't get close due to the roadwork. It has obviously had some restoration work done but was part of the defenses of the area.
Home, packed a little and then we went to Nuevo Simon in Punta del Moral for supper, a place that is recommended in Dads Andalucia book and on Trip Advisor.
Starters of tomato salad, grilled peppers, seafood salad and Dad had Salmonejo (soup like Gazpacho). Then Mum and I had grilled Sea Bass and dad had pork. All delicious.

1 comment: