Monday 25 March 2019

Madeira - Day 51 - Windy day

The weather forecast actually resulted in an article on the Madeira news blog. Rain every day and a wind warning for the coastal areas of the island. Windy.com indicated that we were getting 30 to 40 knots until tomorrow and thunderstorms tonight.

I needed to mail a card so headed downtown in spite of the forecasts. At the house it was very windy but on going down the hill it just became hot and humid.

It was rather strange that the cable car wasn't running. It normally runs every day, 9am to 6pm.
Nobody lined up and I guess all the cars were at the top of the hill.
A couple of cruise boats in the harbour
had booted the private yachts out to anchor.
I checked on the bus stop location for a bus out to the East end of the island, where there is a coastal walk I would like to do, and I will watch the forecast to see if there is a day that might be appropriate for that. When I got home the cable car had started up but was swinging rather ominously and stopped again before its regular time.

Rain meant that I painted again. This time from a photo on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment