Thursday 28 March 2019

Madeira - Day 53 - threatening rain.


The weather forecast said 60% to 70% chance of rain (depending which one I looked at) so I decided I'd have a day at home.
I finished "The Lightkeeper's Daughters" by Jean E Pendziwol. Excellent book. I recommend it. It didn't rain so by late afternoon I decided to just get out of the house.
I just walked a couple of blocks down the street to buy a bottle of wine. This little store is about the size of a Toronto condo living room but has fruit and veg, milk, bread, pizza, wine and baked goods. The proprietress saw me eyeing the custard tarts and a chocolate cake. She took the glass cover off the cake and made to wave it under my nose, laughing. I couldn't help myself. I bought a slice to have for dessert at supper.

I walked up Entrada dos Colonos, my little dead end street, to get a different view of the house and terrace. See what I mean about those clouds but it never did rain.

Next to me is the other side of the semi, where Joao, Blanca and the twins live. Next to them are Joao's parents and next to them is this vacant lot.
There's a sign on the gate that looks like someone is looking for building permission on the lot and an expanse of land behind the houses.

The house I am staying in is written over with Santa Luzia.

Now I am really curious, that's a huge parcel of land. I wonder what they are going to build.

No comments:

Post a Comment