Thursday 2 February 2023

Quick trip home

 I left Pissouri right after the Wednesday walk and drove to a hotel in Larnaca. Overnight there and early to the airport.

The Alps, rising above the clouds. Taken with my phone on the flight to London.

 5 hours in Heathrow, flight back to Toronto and Rick picked me up. A very, very long day. I had Friday to try and get time adjusted and Mum's memorial was on Saturday.

We all knew Mum painted but Nicola and I were surprised at how prolific she had been


when we went through her paintings, via WhatsApp, to try and identify the locations.

Nicola then mounted some

for display.

It was lovely to see some of the places we had sketched together

turned into watercolour paintings. They were much admired even though Mum had not seemed to think they were very good. We are always our worst critics.

Cigi enjoyed some snacks while Chris, as usual, wrote her speech at the last minute.

All her children and grandchildren (except Carla and Mike, out West) made it. and friends, mostly from the theatre she was so involved in.

I spent Sunday night at Chris and Jasons and flew back to Cyprus on Sunday and Monday. Very fast turn around and my system has no idea what time it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment