Tuesday 11 February 2020

Pissouri, Cyprus - cold and rainy

It was grey and dismal today and rain in the forecast, but, ever the optimist, I changed the bed ready for Nic and Dave, and did some bedding laundry. Of course it started drizzling just as I was hanging the sheet and duvet cover out. Moved all my stuff into the other room, 2 single beds, and remade the double. They will find it quite a change from a King Size but at least they wont have to share it with a dog who is a bed hog.
I drove down to Papantoniou's and did some shopping. Groceries here cost more than at home and at home I have a freezer full of home grown or farm bought fruit and veg so find it strange having to purchase everything.  The grocery shopping is fun though with the mix of English and Greek stuff.
Home again I continued with some tidying, cleaning will probably wait until Thursday.
I was very thankful for the gas fire and the gas stove when the electricity went off at about 7pm. At least I could still have some heat and continue cooking dinner. It wasn't off for long, thank goodness.
I find it amazing that with no sun and a temp of, tops, 10 degrees outside today, the solar panels still manage to give me warm (not hot, mind you) water for dish washing. I add a kettle of boiled water.

Before my visit to the garden centre yesterday this was my flower garden. The geraniums stalks are from some pruning I did off one that was taking over the back patio and if they root before I go I will plant them back out. The tiny narcissus and the hyacinth were from Lidl's when I was still looking for herbs.
Rain is in the forecast for tomorrow but hopefully we will be able to get the Wednesday walk between showers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment