Thursday 13 February 2020

Pissouri, Cyprus - Nic and Dave delayed

Nicola and Dave were supposed to get on a flight from Toronto last night and be here by tonight. I messaged with them while they were on their way to the airport and then went to bed. At 2am my phone trilled and I received a message that their flight was cancelled. Sighed, rolled over and went back to sleep.
Today's agenda had been to finish the cleaning and make chilli for supper and then go and pick them up. I slept in, had a leisurely coffee and breakfast, vacuumed all the floors, shook out all the rugs, bought in the laundry (that had been hanging outside for 2 days) and then the sun came out. Change of plan:

I had lunch in the sun and then sat and read a book until the sky clouded over again.
I spent the afternoon painting, this picture of a man fishing that I took on Kourion Beach.
Tomorrow, after making the chilli and cleaning the kitchen, I will have to paint in the fisherman. Unless of course it is sunny.

Fingers crossed that Nicola and Dave will make it out of Toronto tonight, as I think there is currently a snow storm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment