Sunday 23 February 2020

Pissouri, Cyprus - garden plants

Today was a "stay at home day". After doing something every day while Nic and Dave were here I relished the day to do nothing. I did a load of laundry as it was sunny and warm and hung it out on the back patio.

Patio table in the sun. The laundry was drying at the other end.
While out in the courtyard, I noticed that this plant
had started to develop some spikes of yellow flowers.
After a couple of wet months, and a couple of shots of fertilizer, I guess it was happy with the warmer temperatures (day and night time)
The geraniums next door, that I get to enjoy from my side of the wall, are certainly happy. I sat out and read beside them in the afternoon
and then went to visit Kay, passing this tree in the laneway.

Pale new growth all over
and lots of fruit.
I think it is a Loquat tree (in Cyprus it is known as a Mespila tree). It flowers in the fall and the fruit is ready to pick in late spring or early summer when it is gold coloured. I will probably not be here. It is supposed to taste like a combination of peach, citrus and mango. Sounds delicious.

Nicola sent me this photo of Dave and myself at the entrance to the tunnel to Apphrodite's Rock beach. Their flights home were fine, got a good nights sleep and were greeted by a bright, sunny, spring like day.

No comments:

Post a Comment