Friday 7 February 2020

Pissouri, Cyprus - still raining

It was forecast, but I was still disappointed that today was another rainy day. Once I came to grips with it, I just settled down for a day of reading,

and stepping out onto the balcony when there was a blue sky break between the thunderstorms.
I cooked, might as well. I made cream of broccoli soup and another batch of lemon curd. I have an abundance of citrus right now so need to use it. I used the recipe that I used before, making the curd in the microwave, but this time I used one orange and 2 lemons and cut back the sugar a bit. Slightly less tart and at the same time less sweet, still delicious.

Kay lent me a book, "Step by step Watercolour" so today I decided to do some of the exercises. I have a tendency to jump in and  just Do so I will try and occasionally work through the book. Probably interspersed with unsatisfactory attempts at reproducing photos.
I have 15 tubes of paint with me and a small travel set with paint blocks in it, but this exercise required that you use just the 3 primary colours and mix them. I was surprised but I quite enjoyed it. Actually, although I haven't always been happy with the results (my own worst critic, Oh wait a minute, that may be Chris) I have enjoyed the painting. I can lose myself in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment