Saturday 2 February 2019

5th week at Flipside

My last week to help Chris and it started on Sunday afternoon. Sunday evening was to be an "invitation only" event to decide which of 17 possible sweet donut flavours Flipside would open with.

We worked all afternoon and cleaned the space up ready for guests. This was quite a job as there had been plumbers, electricians and a fine carpenter in there - screws, sawdust, bits of metal and wire, dust everywhere.
We piled a lot of stuff into the kitchen that had just been clad in stainless steel (so new that we couldn't peel of the protective covering yet)
Chris sent me  this picture of her stainless steel sink, that fills one wall in the kitchen now, still sitting outside ready to be installed.
The tasting was a great success with more than 40 people tasting donuts, sampling beers and filling in a survey. I don't remember the exact decisions but I think cinnamon sugar, apple crumble, cherry cheesecake, banana chocolate, blueberry lavender and baklava all made the cut. The others will probably be introduced as seasonal flavours (peaches and cream for instance and smores)
The remaining couple of days there I transported the large boxes of furniture and kitchen shelves, went with Chris to order marble for the counter top and put together furniture.
I am sorry to be missing seeing it completed and being there for her opening (which at this point is planned for Feb 13, and her "Grand Opening" in early March). I will post any pictures she sends me.

No comments:

Post a Comment