Sunday 8 March 2020

Pissouri, Cyprus - Colour

One of my least favorite things about a Southern Ontario winter is the grey. Grey sky, mucky grey snow, beige sand, brown trees, the lack of colour. Yes we do get those crystal blue sky days, over fresh, sparkly snow, that make me want to go out and walk in the crunchiness, but they are few and far between.
There was colour here even in January but now it is everywhere:

Yellow and blue.
White and pink on white.

Yellow on green.

The fields in the valley that used to be green are now stained yellow
by the masses of wild flowers.
Pink

Red, green, blue
and purple and green.

Walking up to the village, to go to the bank, I noticed this little chapel again. I keep forgetting to explore some of the little alleyways in the village, to try and find it.

The sign in the square, by the council office, gives the time and the temperature.
The smell of these, turning slowly over the coals, drifted through the square. Good marketing, made you hungry. Having just finished breakfast I was not tempted, but, after getting money from the ATM, I did have a latte in the square.
Walking back I noticed one lone Sunflower in a vegetable garden.
The afternoon was spent sitting chatting with Kay in her sunny front garden. Squeak, the cat actually allowed me to stroke her. It's only taken her two and a half months!

No comments:

Post a Comment