Thursday 26 March 2020

Pissouri, Cyprus - Variation on "the new walk"

After breakfast and checking e-mails and Facebook (that is a time suck!!!) I contacted Kay on Messenger to let her know I was going for a walk and approximately where. As there are not many people out and about any more, I wanted someone to know where I was going and send someone to look for me if I didn't return. I filled out my form and put it and my passport in my backpack.

Garden flowers are starting to "spring" into action. I had assumed the red buds were the event but each one has a white flower, it is a lovely contrast as it spills over a wall.
Often the frames over patios  support old grapevines and they are now starting to leaf out, an early indication of the shade they will provide in the summer.
My apologies to those of you that may be tired of pictures of flowers but I keep noticing new varieties.
This shrub, at the side of the road is covered in buds and will soon be a mass
of these flowers that look like they are made of crepe paper.
I was up this road only 2 days ago and I didn't notice
this
or this, which I took to be Gorse until
I realized it was more orange than yellow, had different foliage and no thorns!
This is a vine and I have seen something like it along the sides of roads in Canada.
Even more wild Gladiolis in the field.
That was all in the 10 minute walk up the road, under a threatening sky

before reaching the start of the track.
I am about to watch a scheduled Webinar "Guided Art Tour of Florence" so will post more of the walk tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment