Thursday 12 January 2023

Cyprus - first rainy day.

Chris and Jason really lucked into fabulous weather. Their whole stay it was in the 20s during the day, sunny and little wind. Perfect. They flew back to England this morning and then were continuing to Iceland for a few days (where Cigi will turn 2) and then home. 

I woke this morning to thunder, lightening and

hail! It has rained all day with occasional thunder storms.

I have spent the day cleaning: bedrooms, bathrooms, sweeping up cheerios and changing bed linen.

I have been sleeping in the back bedroom

which has a wall of built in closets and a little vanity.

I am now moving into the front bedroom

which also has a full wall of closets

and a distant view of the sea.

Bananas seem to ripen fast here, probably not picked green, and we had miscalculated, ergo banana muffins. I shouldn't be eating 12 so took some to Nikki and John and some to Kay and Jimmy.

I seem to have to push myself to paint (probably because it isn't coming easily) though I enjoy it once I get going. I had promised myself that I would start on the first rainy day so inventoried the colours I had bought with me

and did some YouTube exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment