Saturday 21 January 2023

Cyprus - Theletra walk

 Jimmy and I have been taking turns driving to the walks. Greg, who also lives in the area, comes on the Saturday walks and so he drove today. Another couple, who rent in the row of houses that I rented in last time, have just returned from Christmas in Scotland ("mad" he said, and I told him about Chris and Jason, "mad" he reiterated). So we were a Pissouri convoy today, driving up into the hills north of Pafos.

Lovely church below the road that we all parked on before setting off

up hill on dirt tracks.

In the email that came out from the walk leader we had been promised beautiful views

and the clear day helped to fulfill that promise.

It was the largest group that I have walked with and there were so many interesting people to talk to that I kept forgetting to stop, take pictures, look somewhere other than where I was putting my feet. Because there were some rough spots and quite a few uphills. One of the people who recognized me from last time was Julie who I took pottery lessons with.  We exchanged info and I am hoping to do that again in March.

Most of the fields up here were vineyards though there were also some olive trees.

Others had just gone a bit wild for the winter.

Looking down at Coral Bay, west of Pafos.

Last years crop left on the vines. ? In Canada I would be thing Ice Wine, but not here.

Just a little scatter of Poppies, in a vineyard.

An Almond tree in bloom.

It was an absolutely lovely walk. Landscape, temperature, and people. It was a little more strenuous than the others I have done but I must be getting fitter because I could still talk while walking up the hills.

Back to our cars and we drove to a restaurant. More chatting so I didn't get around to taking a picture of my "Vegetarian Plate" - Grilled Haloumi cheese, grilled peppers, mushrooms and zucchini, salad and chips (everything comes with chips). This rather stately cat observed us from the patio outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment