Thursday 19 January 2023

Cyprus - painting Pissouri Bay

 Some chores this morning and while the washing machine was going I spent time reading in the sun. The Optomistic Environmentalist. I am thoroughly enjoying it but it needs to go back to the library (on line) tomorrow so am rushing through it.

After lunch I drove down to Pissouri Bay


found an unoccupied bench

and painted en plein air.

I had 2 of the outside chair cushions in a shopping bag (to keep them clean) to sit on as I have found in the past that the painting can end early due to the discomfort of sitting on a hard surface. I also had a beach towel that I just bought, to lean against. My travel watercolours, pack of brushes, paper towel and yoghurt jar filled with water completed the "kit".

Looking at it now I know that the sky needs to be brighter and I need to do some more detail in the shrubs and beach pebbles that are closer to the foreground. But I am quite happy with the waves on the beach and the rocky cliff. Practice is what I need and pushing myself to paint is easier here when I am not distracted with everything at home.

I stayed on the bench and read for awhile. There were a few families and couples on the beach

and some hardy individuals swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment