Monday 16 January 2023

Cyprus - more painting

 

More of this, yesterday and today. Showers and coolish, about 15/16 degrees.

So, yesterday, more YouTube turorials. This time seascapes from above.


When Chris and Jason were here they purchased a plastic table cloth so Cigi could eat at the kitchen end of the table. I have moved it to the other end so I can paint there.

With the natural light behind me

and the kitchen in front. The kitchen here reminds me of the one George and I designed at the cottage on Long Point. It's bigger than the one I now have in Port Dover.

I am walking with two groups; one on Saturday and one on Wednesday. A gentleman in the Saturday group sent me contact information for a watercolour teacher. I called  Judith  this morning and joined her class this afternoon. Perfect thing to do on a day when it is, again, pouring rain. Using Google Maps on my phone I was able to find her house in Tala, the other side of Paphos.

There were 4 other students and Judith spent time with each one of us. The others are well on their way and working on large projects. She started me on doing little landscape sketches to work on separating the foreground, middle ground and background by use of colour tone  and intensity. I want to paint the standing stones that we saw in Keswick so started with a sketch from memory.


Judith handed me a calendar of Irish landscapes to choose for my next one. She said we will do some tree studies next week. 2 hours flew by.

This cat is around frequently and after what I saw (and heard) yesterday, there may be kittens in her future. Gestation period is about 65 days so I wonder if I will get to see them. Father will be Cigi's "silly cat".

No comments:

Post a Comment