Saturday 14 January 2023

Cyprus - intermittent rain

Yesterday was rainy most of the day. When it stopped I would look outside, thinking I would go for a walk and see grey clouds massing ready to invade again. I had one black cat huddled on my bedroom windowsill, seeking shelter

and later, during a brief sunny break, another on the lounge chair.

 

Another YouTube tutorial on using masking fluid.

One of the other walkers had given us Pomegranates and Oranges from her trees. I scrumped the lemons from a neighbours tree.

 I spent the afternoon making an orange cake from the two oranges and although it is a very well equipped kitchen, there is no blender or food processor. I found it difficult to grind almonds and puree oranges with an immersion blender. Next time I will borrow the right equipment. The orange cake was for dessert as I had been invited to Nikki and John's for dinner.

Today was another walk with the Saturday group and we walked at the top of Pissouri. It had been touch and go whether the weather would cooperate but we did get 3 hours with no rain.

 

I am sure I took a picture of him last time but I couldn't resist him.

A couple of guys had their pack of hunting dogs out for exercise. All noses to the ground.

One stayed with us for a while. They all had bells on so they could keep track of them. I'm sure they don't hunt with them on.

Monkey Puzzle tree for Heather.

We reached the shore cliffs and you can see how unsettled the weather is but it was also quite warm and we were stripping off the layers we had started with.

We were looking down at an almost unreachable beach. Lets just say I would not enjoy the clamber down and even less the scramble back up.

From there we looped back, walking part of the track that I had done with Chris, Jason and Cigi.

There are plenty of brands of Cypriot honey at the supermarket.


The horses ran off as we approached

but the goats were unconcerned.

They even eat these very thorny shrubs.

Just before we walked down the hill to where we had parked the cars (opposite Hillview restaurant), the flock of sheep.

 We finished off the walk by eating lunch at Hani. Christine had raved about the Moussaka that she had each time we ate there so that's what I ordered. She had hers with chips, I asked for a salad. Same price, 12 Euro (about $18) and I ate half and took half home for another meal. Glass of red wine, full to the brim, was 3 Euro (about $5).

I was still full at supper time and just had some cheese, crackers and olives and watched the SailGP on my computer. I haven't figured out the TV yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment