Monday 23 January 2023

Cyprus - second painting class

Everyone, the world over, talks about the weather, and Cyprus is no different. The themes this year are "Can you believe it? It feels like summer. We are going to pay for this. Winter will come eventually"

Personally I am just enjoying it. I wake to sun and low teens. After dressing I open my bedroom window for that morning sun. Late morning the sun reaches the dining room patio doors. I close the bedroom window and open those.


The weather will turn on Friday, but I will be back in Canada by then, to attend my Mum's memorial. Don't know yet whether winter will have finally arrived when I get back on Tuesday.

After the Kouklia walk this morning it was a quick shower and then off to Tala for my second painting class. A tree study this time and these 2 photos

are Judith's examples that I was working from. She is so comfortable in the medium and so relaxed when demonstrating and I struggle to emulate her examples/

These are mine. For each technique she would demonstrate how to get the effect and then leave me to it.

These are some of my favourites. I also learned some things about brushes (I need a Rigger, a long skinny brush, to achieve this technique)

and mixing paint (Vermilion and Payne's Grey make a lovely green - I need to buy some Vermilion)

With each example I noted what Judith had instructed.

No comments:

Post a Comment