Tuesday 17 January 2023

Cyprus - sunny walk around the village

After days of grey and rain it was lovely to wake to sunny, blue skies. The forecast for the next 5 days is more of the same with very low chance of rain, 10 degrees at night and 16 to 20 degrees by the afternoon.

I started out for a walk into the village. This view is looking down on to the side patio where later I relax on a lounge chair and read.

"weeds" beside the road.

The village cats were all out and about to greet after sheltering for days.

Pissouriana Hotel where, I have been told, the Six Nations games will be shown to a good crowd.

Next to the hotel, a view across the countryside to the sea.

The entrance to the village square looks lively and alive but in actual fact all of the restaurants and bars are closed for the winter. A couple will only open on weekends in January.

The village square fountain and the small supermarket where I popped in for a beach towel as I plan to try to paint down at the beach.

Up past the church and I checked the two thrift stores for a blender or food processor (to make orange cake). No luck.

Gardening on an extreme hill.

Village house, I can just imagine how beautifully the vine will shade that patio in the summer.

The shifting land in this section of the village causes the roads and sidewalks to shift and crack. I like that the sign is in the same condition.

Material to fix them is kept nearby.

Annie's House, where I stayed last time, in 2020.


After lunch I sat outside and finished this. Set in the Yorkshire Dales. The cover is a railway poster like the ones in the house Heather, Don and I stayed in, when we were there.

Colin, who looks after the house, came over and showed me how to work the TV so now I can binge what Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year (2022) on it rather than my tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment