Thursday 9 March 2023

Cyprus - Geroskipou walk

 The Saturday walk turned out to be one that I did in 2020 but with a slightly different route.

Jimmy and I managed to get completely lost trying to find the meeting place but, eventually, with the help of 2 phone calls and people coming out to the road to flag us down, we did.

After we had got ourselves sorted and Jimmy had dealt with some "getting lost" abuse we walked past these caves filled with icons

offerings

and candles

Some were mostly naturally made

while others had definitely been chiselled out.

The last one looked like what we had seen at the Tombs of the Kings site with niches and a well.

From there, it was along the top of the cliff, with the caves underneath us

and then down onto the fertile coastal plain below.

Meandered through orange and lemon groves

where blossoms were forming before the fruit had even been picked.

Dave getting goofy with Prickly Pear Cactus.

Past the training ground for the Paphos football club. I spent most of my time chatting to a gentleman who was about to start beekeeping. Fascinating. I love my honey but that's a lot of work.

Rather than the usual Cypriot Taverna we went to a very English (and very full) restaurant called Tea for Two. I had shrimp on a jacket potato and

a very indulgent meringue, fruit and cream dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment