Saturday 4 March 2023

Cyprus - Quiet days

 I felt as if the last week or so that Rick had been here, we had been on the go, so I have been having some very quiet, uneventful days. I did walk up and around the village to find some scenes to paint.

I am now awoken every morning by the twittering of a flock of birds that are building nests in this palm tree in the house across the road. I suspect that they are sparrows.


There are a lot more birds around and Rick and I saw flocks of Swifts just before he left. The Swallows are now here in full force.

I don't often have potato chips, but I saw them and had to try them. Yes, they were delicious.

Perhaps this explains the large number of bees in the garden. I think it is currently unoccupied but they may be searching for their next home

A potential painting

Another

Another

Another

and another.

Meanwhile, I have been working on this.

From a watercolour sketch

to - I think I'd better stop futsing with it.

I have often been using the top brush when painting lately, it is great for fine work but tends to get me too focused on the minutiae. So I painted this one entirely with the bottom brush and loved that I could use it for the broad strokes (washes etc) and still the point would manage thin lines.

Now for the Guest Photographers:-

Out on a walk, Rick saw this, which he described as a giant grasshopper. Looked it up, it is a Locust. They are usually solitary but under certain conditions can multiply and swarm.

Photo from Eve. She says Palm Springs, California has been rainy and snowy.


No comments:

Post a Comment