Tuesday 7 March 2023

Cyprus - Rick's walk

Yesterday it actually rained, for the first time in about a month. I had planned to do this walk then but it became a read and paint day and I walked today.

Finished this. It fed into my dream of someday spending some time on a canal boat.

 
This was the next painting project


I was quite pleased with it

until I started on the face, but then I reminded myself that even the professionals on Portrait artist of the Year, sometimes fail to get the likeness.

Current painting studio.

Rick tried a walking route when

I was off at a painting class, one Monday,

and he had been unable to find a way down to the Bay. Just a short walk on the road and I noticed

wild Gladioli in among the grasses.

Beside a little group of three houses there was a track into the countryside.

Views on one side into the farms between here and the highway

and the other side, the valley that the road takes down to Pissouri Bay.

Masses of wildflowers, birdsong,

bees. I just bought some honey labelled "Cypriot Honey". They need a lot for all the honey soaked desserts. (and my morning coffee)

Past a couple of communication towers, one with the hum of a generator and the other powered by solar panels.

Rick said he had taken the right hand path and it had petered out, so I took the left.

Quite windy, high up on a ridge, but very peaceful.

Then I started to see wild Iris.

They are small and short and hard to see in the grass but seem happy to grow on the track where they are more visible.

I met a couple coming for the opposite direction so I think it does go down to the Bay but where it started to descend, I turned back, not wanting to have to climb back up on the way back.

Up at the top there were some Orchids

past their "best before" dates.

On the walk back I picked some

of the Gladioli

and a branch of Almond blossom.

No comments:

Post a Comment