Wednesday 1 January 2020

To Cyprus - 2 days of travel

Not a very interesting post but just to let everyone know that I am here.
Simon picked Rasta and I up on Dec 31, dropped Rasta at his place in Port Dover and drove me to the Toronto airport. This is such a pain for him but I am very grateful and only ask him to do it once a year. He's not sure he would be so agreeable if it was more often. It is also lovely to know that Rasta has a welcoming second home with people and a dog to play with.
So a 3 hour wait at Pearson, a 6 and a half hour flight across the Atlantic (no sleep unfortunately), a 5 hour wait in Heathrow, a 4 and a half hour flight to Larnaca, Cyprus and a 1 hour taxi ride to Pissouri and I am HERE!

I love having the window seat!

I woke from a doze to this view so have no idea where it is. It may be the Alps, really not sure as the plane did not have one of those flight path screens (no screen at all actually)

British Air was an Ok carrier, nothing to write home about. On the flight from London to Larnaca my seat mate was horrified that she had to pay for a cup of tea when the trolley came by. I thought to myself that really tea is sacred to the English, I can't believe that BA would do that, but it turned out she was Canadian.

By the time I got to the house it was about 8:30 and chilly. After a few texts with Mick (my landlord) I got the gas fire started and settled down with a ham sandwich on olive bread and a glass of wine. All part of my welcome package.

Tomorrow the only thing on the agenda is to do some grocery shopping. The taxi driver is picking me up at 10am to go to the supermarket, and maybe explore the village if it isn't raining too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment