Saturday 23 March 2024

Crete - Chania, some sketching.

 

After visiting the Maritime Museum, I walked back around the harbour, looking for a place to sketch and eat.

There were more restaurants open than before and others were getting ready. This place smelled of fresh paint and I love the colour.

So many photos of the lighthouse but I couldn't find a good place to do another sketch of it.

I had seen this boat being painted last time I was here. It reminds me of all the shell souvenirs in Florida

combined with the floating market that George and I saw in Curacao.



I should have known better. With that great view I got the worst food and service for the highest cost of the whole trip.

But I enjoyed it anyway, drinking my wine, sitting in the sun and sketching.

A "live aboard"

This fishing boat didn't have nets it had fishing line and thousands of hooks.

I sat on a bench and this time

I painted.

At dessert, I sketched again.

The view from the Chania bus station isn't as good as Rethymno's.


One of the trees, in the boulevard, as I walk home, now in blossom.

Greeted by a cat with a very loud purr

who seemed to think that I should let him/her in.

Lovely day, all the more precious now as I am in "countdown", only one more week here.

No comments:

Post a Comment