Saturday 23 March 2024

Crete - Rethymno, carnival part 4

 

I have no idea what this groups theme was

there was just a lot of bling.

The parade ended about a block further down the street and now those that had finished started making their way back and mixing with their friends in subsequent groups.


Every now and then there would be a panda or harem girl mixed in

and sometimes random people, in costume, would jump into the mix and start dancing or delivering drinks.

My favorite float. I loved that the animals were on safari, taking photos of the wild people.




I think this had something to do with the TV show Wednesday.




I was beginning to feel

like these kids looked......

"How much longer was this going to go on?"

My feet were tired from standing for hours

and I'd really had enough

of the pounding music

and the blowing whistles and horns.

Then it ended

with everyone who was in the audience, in costume, spilling into the street and parading along.

Exhausting!

I made my way back home, with the stream of people, some costumed, some not.

Though the sounds of pounding music, whistles and revelers followed me home.

From my terrace

I could see the fireworks being set off near the harbour

and could still hear party sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment