Friday 29 March 2024

Crete - last day in Rethymno

 I did the blog yesterday before sunset so here is last nights sunset sky.

Still pretty hazy but clearer than it was earlier in the day.

 I have been in this apartment for 6 weeks so, after breakfast, and putting washing on, I did a good scan so I don't leave anything behind. Even so, all day, I kept finding things.

Washing went out on the back balcony as that's where the sun is in the morning. It now reaches the front terrace by about noon.


I thought I would post some photos of the apartment today as I don't have anything much else to put on the blog and I can't remember if I have done this already. This is the main bedroom, with the little balcony and facing the bed there is a huge built in wardrobe. There is another bedroom as well but its a mess with my suitcase and packing so I didn't take a photo.

The living room.

with a big tv.

When we arrived the big chair was turned to face the TV but it became the place to have coffee in the morning and look out the big windows at the sea. These windows open (big sliding door) but don't have a screen. The sliding doors from the kitchen to the terrace and the ones to the bedroom balcony both have screens so they are the ones that are open to the breeze.

There is also a desk, under the clock in the corner. Since covid renters want to know that there is a place where they can work.

The furnishings are comfortable. There's a large table that seats 6 in the kitchen and one that seats 4 on the terrace. 2 lounge chairs on the terrace. All the equipment you need in the kitchen. A heater/air conditioner in the living room and one in the bedroom too. For the last couple of weeks I have just had the living room one on in the evening and haven't had the bedroom one on at all.

While the laundry was drying I finished up my painting of the Chania lighthouse.


I also tried to rescue the painting of the beach that I did yesterday but decided that sometimes you just have to accept that they are crap and move on.

  Tomorrow I travel to Heraklion and then the next day fly to Frankfurt and then home. So two days of travel, unlikely to be any blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment