Thursday 22 March 2018

Port de Soller, Mallorca, Spain - Fornalutz with a camera. Lentil Stew

The workmen arrive every weekday morning at 8am. The garage door being raised used to be my alarm clock but now they are working in the garden and I have found that the the cement mixer creates white noise and I can sleep through it.
Gabrielle stomping on the forms on the wet cement.
I walked down to the sea front and as predicted
they were cleaning up the beach debris.
I popped in to Tramuntana Tours and booked in with tomorrows walk to Cala Tuent. I was told that we might not be able to get the boat back, might have to have a van fetch us, as there are currently 4 metre waves.
I watched the boat head out today. Didn't look very comfortable. It wouldn't surprise me if it turned around and came back..
 tI didn't see because the tram came and I rode into Soller.
Snow again on the mountain above Fornalutz
but sun down in the Soller valley. In the sun, out of the wind it felt warm and I took my jacket off. In the shade or when the wind hit, I put it back on again. One of those days - on, off, on, off.
This orchard is carpeted in thistles
and this is what happens when you add sheep into the equation. They are eating machines, even thistles!


Typical donkey behaviour, head over the fence.

Not typical donkey colouring though.
 I walked up past the spot where I dropped my camera last time and got a good grip on the strap every time I took the new one out of my pocket.
In spite of the cold, the fig trees are starting to leaf out.
I had so wanted to take pictures of this little chapel and graveyard, surrounded by the mountains, last time!






Fornalutz is in a lovely position, at the head of the Soller valley, with the mountain right above.
Narrow streets,
a pretty square,
well kept houses,
and the sound of the torrente rushing again after the rains.
I followed signs to this spring
but it had been modernized - electric pumps and pvc piping.
I have been told that traditionally a bull is run through the town and then slaughtered for all in the village to eat.
The old watchtower is now part of the town hall.
The church sits above the square
A pretty lampshade.
Back down the path and I had a cuddle with the same friendly cat that I stroked last time. Up on my knee, purring, loving having behind her ear scratched.
When I moved her off my knee she was already looking up the path for the next people to stroke her.
Got home and they had finished the second section of the patio
and one of the steps.
Just one more section of patio, 3 more steps, gravel on the pathways, tile and plumb the outdoor shower, paint the new walls of the future summer house, plaster the area that will hold the frig. Inside the range hood needs to be attached and wired in and the fan in the bathroom. Liz has people renting it on March 28 so we are in count down. The garage plastering and plumbing in the second washing machine may not be done before then.

Here's the recipe for the Lentil Stew that Fiona made during niece week:
2 tsp olive oil
1 cp chopped onion
2 cps chopped zucchini
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 cup chopped seeded tomato
2 tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp ketchup
2 cps vegetable stock
2 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cps cooked lentils
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
natural yogurt and coriander for garnish

Saute onion, add zucchini and garlic and cook for 3 min. Add tomato, curry powder and ketchup and cook 1 min more. Mix stock and flour in a bowl then add to the pan with the salt and lentils. Cook another 3 min. Remove pan from heat and stir in lime juice.
Divide between 4 bowls and garnish with spoon of yogurt and sprinkle of coriander.

No comments:

Post a Comment