Thursday 1 March 2018

Port de Soller, Mallorca, Spain - walk to Fornalutx

Monday was another lovely sunny but cool day. I decided to do the walk from Soller to Fornalutx (pronounced "fornalootch").
Goose on a Llaut
I took the tram in to Soller. I have now done this enough times that the multipass has paid for itself and I still have more than a week left on it.
I needed to use the washroom so had to buy a coffee at Cafe Soller. Liquid out and liquid in - silly but necessary. The fountain in the main square is just dribbling but the sound is pretty especially on a quiet Monday morning.
The walk out of town goes through a newer residential area
Newer, not new, and still  the local stone, stucco and tile roofs.
Across Torrent Major which flows down from Puig Major and into the sea at Port de Soller.
I will take the path to Biniaraix another day.
This is were I left the road to walk up to Sa Capalleta
Its not long until the road is between orange and lemon groves, quiet but for birds and sheep bells.
Coming off the road it becomes a stone track and then a stoney path.
On the way back down I sat on this piece of stone wall and this cat (very pregnant) jumped up on my lap and became quite purringly rapturous when I stroked and scratched her.
I have become quite proficient at the one handed photo taking. Slipping the camera out of my pocket and using the zoom and shutter then slipping it back in my pocket. But for the next shot, of the Fornalutx church, the camera slipped out of my pocket before I could get the strap over my wrist and fell on the cobble stones. I hoped for the best and turned it on. The lens moved out but gave me an error message and would not move in again even when turned off.
This is the last picture from that camera. I had to cut off the left hand side as the shutter was partially blocking it. Notice the distortion on the building.
Mad at myself I walked into the village, "often voted Mallorca's loveliest village" according to the guidebook, and had a coffee in the square. I walked back, playing with the camera every now and then, trying to get it to work. When I got home I vacuumed it, in case there was grit preventing the lens from working, but finally had to face that it was broken!

No comments:

Post a Comment