Friday 2 February 2018

Port de Soller, Mallorca, Spain - a rainy arrival.

As Simon pointed out, I just finished the posts on South Africa in time to leave for Mallorca. In between was 2 weeks spent going through photos from one trip while packing for the next.
The first weekend was the annual "Hookers Winter Get Together".
Rasta happily ensconced in Pat's wool pile.
Peggy was starting a new rug and finding the colour planning was slowing her down.
Heather's "mug mat" to sell.
I was working on the sky for my Dover sailing rug.
It wasn't all about hooking, Sue was weaving a landscape,

and Pam
and Brit were knitting.

The weather cooperated on one day and we were able to walk on the beach
and enjoy a colourful sunset.
Eating, drinking, hearing stories of travels, families and jobs, it was another lovely weekend of catching up with friends. The next weekend was spent with Heather and Don, binge watching Lord of the Rings. It was a plan we had made when together in Maine, I can't remember why, there may have been wine involved. Whatever the impetus it was fun to watch the 3 extended version films and appreciate again the cinematography and the story. Food, wine and walks on the beach stopped us being complete couch potatoes.

New ice hillocks forming on the lake horizon.

Simon drove me to the airport and after 2 uneventful flights, and very little sleep, I was picked up at Palma airport by Pierre and delivered to Casa Crocodile in Port de Soller. Here I was greeted with a hug by Liz, my landlady, who then walked me through the apartment again explaining things like the propane heater and the coffee maker.
She also provided a bowl of citrus and avocados from her garden
and a nice bottle of Rioja which I cracked open as soon as I had unpacked.
I slept for 10 hours and am now faced with a very rainy day. This is the view from the kitchen window
and this from the front door.
It is supposed to only sporadically rain this afternoon so I plan on going out for a walk and to pick up some groceries.

No comments:

Post a Comment