Monday 12 February 2018

POrt de Soller, Mallorca, Spain - sunny walk to the Torre

Although there has been more rain than usual I have, picking my timing carefully, been able to get outside and walk almost everyday, but Sunday was bright and sunny so I was definitely heading out.
The weather forecast was so good I even put my laundry out on the terrace, and the two little plants I had been keeping inside.
The road you walk to the watch tower on the North headland is up,
up,
up,
up, through the terraces of olive trees
that almost hide the little fincas.
Stone steps, a gap in the fence and the word "TORRE" scratched in the cement post.
Then its a dirt road with the smell of the pine trees and
views of the coast below
and the rocks above.
When I got to the torre
I sat, sheltered from the wind
and did the first sketch of the holiday, a windswept olive tree.

I wandered a little, on a rough trail, and got a view south to the other lighthouse and the coast beyond,
east to the mountains on the other side of the Soller valley and
north, up to Mallorca's highest peak, still snow covered.

Back down the track

and down the road
past the olive trees (I LOVE the shapes they grow into)
the sheep and
the farms.
Back home and my washing was dry and there was still enough sun on the terrace for me to read out there for a bit.

1 comment: