Sunday 12 February 2017

Mallorca Day 13 - Refugi de Muleta

Having rested my legs yesterday I was up for another walk today so I again attempted what I think of as the Lighthouse Hike.
I walked up via the road.
Just as before, the views are fabulous.

This time the gate to the Refugi de Muleta, next to the lighthouse, was open
There were hikers all around the grounds, resting and eating.
It appears that this is actually a hikers hostel with accommodations available.In addition there is a restaurant. I had a cafe con leche and used the washroom facilities (you have to get the key from the restaurant and it is in a separate building).
One of the wooden gates leads to the hiking trail to Soller and to Deia.
At first the trail is through scrub above the sea cliffs

then rocks and pines.
Views from the top

There were a lot of hikers out today, its Sunday. Many Spanish families and German couples.
I passed a large group who were just settling down to eat their lunch. This is where the trail splits, to Soller and Deia.
A little further on I stopped to eat my lunch. I had bought a cheese sandwich and some chocolate with me.
I had passed this way when I walked this trail before, about a week ago, in the other direction, and just in those few days the almond trees came into blossom.
Another old olive tree.
Chocolate break.
These bushes are also now in bloom.

Here you go Chris. A cute little black and white lamb.
Goats grazing; grass and trees.

I finished the walk down in Port de Soller at my favorite cafe with a vino tinto. I discovered that I take nearly twice as long to complete the sections of the walk than those times listed on the signs. I don't walk as fast as the average walker, obviously, but I also stop to look at the view and take pictures.

Note: my computer has been  crashing and freezing so I am not sure how much longer its going to live or how much longer I will be completing the blog. Fingers crossed.

1 comment: