Monday 13 February 2017

Mallorca Day 14 - housekeeping

I have been here for 2 weeks and its time for a little housekeeping (also Eve is coming and I would like the apartment to look its best). Time to clean toilets, sweep and wash the floor and generally tidy up.  The weather co-operated; grey and drizzly.
Thought I'd post a few pictures of the apartment (with Angela's consent)
Living/kitchen/dining room
Outside the window is the courtyard area with table and chairs.
The heater/air conditioner is on the wall over the TV. The washing machine is in the kitchen.
I've been sleeping in the master bedroom which has an ensuite bathroom with a shower.
This is the other bedroom with a bathroom across the hall, also with a  shower,
and the dryer is also in the room.



Although quite warm (about 18 deg) the clouds kept rolling in, sometimes getting stuck on the mountains, and dropping light rain now and then.
I took a couple of breaks during the day, in between showers, and walked the docks and the harbour. This lovely wooden boat had been rafted on to a fishing boat but had now moved to a dock.
Wooden hull, mast, spars, tiller etc, etc
Wooden blocks.

Morwenna. Even her name is beautiful. I had assumed it was Spanish but, on googling it, found out its Cornish.
I just looked the boat up on the internet and she is for sale! Sleeps 12. Only 250,000 Euro, Here's the link to take a look

As I didn't do anything particularly interesting today I will post pictures of some of the sculptures that are down on the harbourside, near the tram station.

A Dos Manos, 2008 , Diego Villamediana
Homenaige a Xavier Mayal, 2008, Betty Gold
On the Way, 2003, Fransesca Marti.

There are more, but this one is my favorite
Bous, Pere Pujol.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet apartment! It is getting really hard to stay sensible and not book a ticket to come visit - luckily the flights are still about $1000, way too much. But I will be in trouble if a seat sale happens.

    ReplyDelete