Saturday 25 March 2017

Mallorca Day 54 - sights on cami de sa Figuera

After staying inside yesterday I was dying to get out today and went out to get croissants as soon as I got up.
The cats were out in full force, probably also dying to get out after a day inside.
They seem to consider the restaurants tables, sitting in the sun, their own personal elevated patios.
Showers were in the forecast and there were clouds piling up on the mountains around, but blue sky in "Port".
This Llaut has been on the hard getting new varnish and paint. It looks very smart but I took the picture because the blue is unusual, most Llauts are white.
There were no croissants at the grocery store (she said she would be getting a delivery in 10 minutes) so I went to the patisserie, (I have been trying to stay away from there, way too tempting) bought 3 croissant and had a cafe con leche. After breakfast I went for a walk as we were planning on a road trip in the afternoon and I wanted some exercise.
This little road goes off the large roundabout (where the buses stop and where the walk to Soller starts)
It is a country road, olive and carob trees,
chickens,
orange and lemon trees and
farm buildings.
The road, at first, follows a river bed (dry? which is odd given yesterdays rain)
Especially odd as water is pouring out of this drainage pipe in a terrace,
running in waves down the road

and the irrigation reservoirs are full to the brim.
After a while the road starts to climb up, out of the valley,
past a cluster of house, some that are beautiful

and some that need some TLC.
This place must have a fabulous view, down the valley and
its high enough to see across the town and harbour to the lighthouse out on the headland.
I had told Mum and Dad that I would be home at a particular time so turned around and headed back down hill. Ate a vegetable pasty (purchased at the patisserie, see why I have to avoid it) on a wall by carob and olive trees.
I'm not sure I can call it blossom but
the olive trees are starting to form this years olives.
Donkeys, terraces and olive trees.
There are pictures on the internet of fields of poppies but I have only seen the occasional one.
But there is no shortage of flowers.

I don't think he could of got that big eating lemons.
Walking back I was sure I heard the jingle of harness:
Round the corner came a mule cart.
That's why the jingling, bells on the bridle.

I walked back down to the roundabout and through "Port" to the apartment.
After lunch we headed out for a road trip. I am leaving on Monday and Mum and Dad will be without a car until they leave on Thursday. We drove up to Port d'Alcudia looking for roman ruins that we never found and then to Alcudia. North East this time.
In Alcudia, Mum sketched one of the walled towns entrance gates
and I sketched the back of the church (forgot to take a picture of the sketch)

No comments:

Post a Comment