Friday 17 April 2020

Pissori, Cyprus - Pine Bay to the sea.

No wind and 25 degrees meant that I delayed walking until later in the afternoon.

Another quick landscape. I think I will try and do one every time I sit down to paint. That way I will keep the wet on wet technique at the forefront and be less into the tiny details.
At 2:30 I drove up to the Pine Bay development, parked the car and walked up the track, through the pine trees and out into the meadows by the goat farm and the horse farm. These yellow flowers are still abundant in the fields.
Past Carob

and Olive trees

towards the sea.
I had walked this part before

and kept up a good pace.

So, soon, I was onto

new ground.
Although it was a long way down, it was so still (the windmills on the hills behind me were hardly moving) that I could hear the waves on the beach.
Hmmmm, what to do ? I took the track on the right. It looked like a more gradual climb.
Exposed, so lots of wind driven
sculptures here.
We haven't had any rain for a week and I wake every morning to blue sky, so, where in previous posts green was the dominant colour,
now there is brown grass and white seed heads. In the valleys, farmers have taken off their first cut of hay.


To be continued .......

No comments:

Post a Comment