Saturday 25 April 2020

Pissouri, Cyprus - cool and rainy

As forecast, it was grey, windy and rainy today. A good day for staying indoors and taking it easy.

This was the view at 8am this morning. Surprisingly dark and splashes of sun reflecting off the sea,
I spent the morning with coffee, breakfast, scrolling through facebook, CBC and playing games on the computer.
These are photos of Oleander in bloom. I took them yesterday. I have no idea why I didn't post them yesterday.
None of the seeds I planted germinated except the one tomato that I posted a photo of before. It is still alive but not happy with the intense sun, heat and a tendency for Squeak to use the plant container as a litter box! But the celery, parsnip top and carrot top are all greening up well. I will use them in salads before I leave and will never throw out a celery base again without growing more celery from it.
Next photo to be painted. From January, the view from the great hall, museum, Temple of Aphrodite, Kouklia.
The perspective wasn't quite right on the last painting so I did a more detailed sketch for this one
and made a start on it.

Her next project

No comments:

Post a Comment