Tuesday 21 April 2020

Pissouri, Cyprus - Hot walk continued.

After "accidentally" sitting down for a while I continued my scramble down towards the road. There were shells mixed in to the rock on the path.
I think these had been Orchid flowers but were now faded and dry.
As I walked out of the trail and on to the side of the road my luck ran out. A police car pulled over. I knew I had been breaking the rules, going for these long walks. I knew that there was a possibility of a 300 Euro fine. I rationalized that I was doing no harm, wasn't putting myself or anyone else at risk but knew that it was not following the protocol put in place to keep the community safe. The police officer was stern, I should only be walking in my neighbourhood. If I was to get sick they would have a hard time tracing my contacts if I walked this far afield. He was kind, did not fine me. Just looked exasperated, understandably. Chastised I started the slog up the hill.

The Olive trees that I had seen from above.
Taking back the road.
Entirely up hill, on asphalt, I was taking advantage of the shaded benches and drinking my water.
Before leaving, I had checked on google earth and it looked like there was a track, up through the fields to the bottom of my area, so I turned off the road  beside this house, which is surrounded by vineyards and Olive trees.

It took me past some small, freshly cut fields

and some really impressive,

nasty looking
thistles.

Then  I was walking through the bottom of my neighbourhood. Still uphill.

It was about a 2 hour walk, 11000 steps. I was hot, tired and sore and slipped straight into a cool bath.

Guest photographer: Nicola

Finished the top of her quilted table runner that we picked out materials for a few days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment