Thursday 9 April 2020

Pissouri, Cyprus - Lockdown extended

The Cyprus government announced last night that the current restrictions will continue until April 30, 20. Not unexpected. As my flight is due to leave May 1, 20 I am more interested in what happens after April 30!

I was woken by thunder this morning and the sound of rain so I rolled over and went back to sleep. It drizzled into the early afternoon and by then I had given up on the idea of going for a walk.


Especially as the sky continued to look like this.

I worked some more on the painting. Started the grass, added some depth to the hedge and the wall and put in some of the lightest areas of the tree itself.
I keep all of the watercolour paraphanalia out on the dining table. Sometimes as I walk past it I will pick up the brush and just add in something I have noticed and don't want to forget to do. This has made me realize the value of having a studio. I think when I get home I will try and figure out how to establish a space for watercolour painting. I will need a drafting table, place to put the computer in front of it (I have found I like working from a photo and also being able to zoom in and not get distracted by the overall picture), comfortable chair at the right height and a table for the paints, water and brushes. Maybe in my bedroom??

I finished the J.D.Robb and started reading this on my tablet. I really enjoyed Outliers and his different perspective.


I took a couple of short walks around the neighbourhood, speaking to people across the street or up on their balconies.
By late afternoon we were dealing with drizzle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment