Saturday 4 April 2020

Pissouri, Cyprus - major shop

In conversation with Nicky last night we discussed that, here, the place mostly likely to contract Covid-19 is Paps. Despite their care and provision of hand sanitizer and gloves, it is the place where almost everyone goes, including those working in the health care system, home care, for the council etc, etc. Because I am walking I can't buy that much at a time, so go every 4 days or so.So today I did a major stock up. I asked Rob if he could transport my purchases and due to logistics he ended up just taking me down and bringing me back (I sat in the back seat, that's as far as you can get away from the driver, other than the trunk).
We took my recycling down, stopped at the Cava (a 10 litre box of wine is very heavy to carry up the hill so I got one, even though I wont need to open it for a while) and did a major shop at Paps.
Fully stocked freezer.

Fully stocked cupboard
I  got yogurt and fruit and veg but they can be picked up easily at the little supermarket in the square when I run out.
I also picked up a couple of terry cloth tea towels and some hair elastics and got creating. On the left is a mask (there seems to be a lot of confusion as to whether they are useful or not but there seems to be no harm) and on the right a head band (to keep sweat and sunscreen out of my eyes when walking)
I spent the rest of the day reading. I downloaded a new J.D Robb book from the library and they are easy to get stuck into. Nicola and Dave were at my place so I also spent some time sorting out my landline and my car insurance and talking things through as Nicola opened 3 months of mail for me.

Guest photographer is Nicola:

The daffodils that I planted last year are making their way up through the sand.
Swallows are back and nesting in some of the bird houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment