Thursday 16 April 2020

Pissouri, Cyprus - a variety of activities

Today was another stay at home day. There was rain in the forecast (admittedly only a 40% chance) and I used it as an excuse to not go for a walk.

Julie, my pottery teacher, e-mailed me photos of my pottery items
that look much better, now they have been fired.
Next we have to figure out how I can get them as she is located on the other side of Paphos
Eurasian Collared Dove. I am woken every morning by their "ooohoo hoo" that sounds like its coming down a long tunnel. I think they are nesting in a nearby tree.
This is the garden next door, #2, after I had spent about an hour pulling weeds. About another hours worth left. No-one has been there since I arrived and no-one seems to be looking after it, so I hope no-one will mind if I tidy it up a bit and give the Geraniums a chance.

You may recall that I cut cherry tomatoes in half and planted them, about a month ago, in a pot in Cameron's garden, #4. Three cherry tomatoes and I have just this one little seedling growing.

I had one last go at the Olive tree, trying to give it a bit more definition and decided I had better stop messing with it. Hard to know when to stop.
I worked my way through my photos and picked this as my next painting project. Never let it be said that I take the easy way.
And this is his start. I've a feeling he will end up looking a bit "Disney".

As a break from the serious watercolour I watched a video on creating imaginary landscapes,
just staying loose and getting comfortable with the medium.

No idea what he is but he was hanging out in the palm tree in #2 while I had my wine on the balcony this evening.

Guest photographers;

Snow fall today at home, after flooding and record high waters. This photo was posted to FaceBook by Mary Saunders.
My son, Mike, is laid off, so is in charge of "Daddy Day Care and Daddy School". Here reading with Maya. Photo by Aimee.

No comments:

Post a Comment