Monday 27 April 2020

Pissouri, Cyprus - last day.

At about 11 a.m. I got a phone call from the Canadian Consulate. When asked, I told Rhea I was feeling rather anxious as I hadn't heard about my flight tomorrow yet. She told me she would nudge Aegean Airlines. Called me back and told me they would be calling. Within the hour I got a call from the airline and the information that I had a guaranteed seat but no ticket or confirmation number or anything. I had to be at the airport for 7 a.m. to get the ticket (as would everyone else on the flight).
The problem was that there is currently a curfew in Cyprus: 9pm to 6am. Nikki would have to leave her house at 5 or 5:30 to then pick me up and drive to Larnaca. Another call to Rhea resulted in her emailing special permission for the trip, for both Nikki and I and telling us that if we were stopped the Consul, Rita, was available by phone. I have really been impressed with the service and concern from the Canadian Consul in Cyprus.
I sent this info to my travel agent and I now have a hotel at Heathrow booked and an Air Canada flight on Wednesday. Fingers crossed this will all go according to plan.

Nikki and John picked up lunch at Two Friends (I had my last Moussaka) and we ate outside at Bodil's table as it is big enough for us to keep a good distance from each other. The rest of my day was spent with laundry, packing, organizing, cleaning and a little bit of reading on the balcony.

Early evening from the balcony. I will miss the sheer size of the view
and the sea.

Guest photographers: Nicola and Mick

Pieces cut and ironed for Nicola's next quilt

Mick sent me a photo of a previous guest at Annie's House, when the courtyard had a wooden fence.
I will try and document the trip home. I am curious as to how flying and airports will be different during this strange, worldwide health crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment