Saturday 18 April 2020

Pissouri, Cyprus - Pine Bay to the sea, continued

I rounded a bend in the track and was suddenly surrounded by goats
They really didn't pay much attention to me as I walked among them

though every now and then I would see one giving me the eye.
They were a wonderful

mixture

of colours.
This one for Chris. She loves animals with bird friends.
This one sat in the middle of the track and didn't move as I walked past.
Two of them had bells on. Not tinkly little alpine bells but bells the size of a small bucket with a real "clang" sound.
Suddenly

they all decided to move off. I looked around for a shepherd or a dog or something that had given them a signal, but, saw nothing and nobody and within seconds

I was left with nothing but the view.
That cliff was where I had walked from the Cyta tower area a couple of days ago.

There were a couple of, what looked like, house ruins. It would have been a beautiful but remote place to live.
A current resident
and a small patch
of Orchids.
Having made a circuit of the headland I now had to go back up to the top of that hill
I was glad of George's Tilley hat.
Today I lay in the sun in a bathing suit for the first time. Not for long because I didn't want to burn those white areas. I started reading the first Harry Potter again and am thoroughly enjoying it. More than the first time I think because it had been so "hyped" the first time.
Yesterday Google reminded me that I should be at the Ontario Hooking Craft Guild Annual Meeting and Display at Deerhurst. If it had been a normal year I would have driven up to Paris yesterday morning. Probably picked up a passenger or two and some of the J.J. Ruggers display and driven to  Deerhurst in convoy with Pam. We would probably have stopped somewhere nice for lunch and maybe a little shopping.We would have set up the J.J.s display, settled into our accommodation (an apartment with 3 bedrooms, living room and kitchen) and then Heather and I were scheduled to help take pictures of the rugs on exhibit.

This would have been one of the pieces I displayed. Peach Stones from Rittemere Hurst Field Stained Glass Peaches. I would have entered it in the Alternative Fibres/Techniques section.

We would have eaten and drunk, hooked and talked, gone to workshops, walked around the display numerous times and bought more wool than we really needed, and it would have been a great weekend. But it was cancelled. All that will happen next year.

I did get me hit of colour and creativity when Nicola called wanting to consult on her next quilting project so

together, on a video call,

we went through her stash
and picked these for her next project, a table runner so she can practice sewing curves.

1 comment:

  1. GOATS!! With bird friends! So jealous! Looks like an awesome walk, and your hair looks great. Miss you, love you!

    ReplyDelete